Sunday 24 January 2016

What's all the buzz about?

So this is my first blog...EVER! 
I think it's high time I started to write down my daily thoughts for those who just might be interested. My daily routine, my rants, my raves. I keep a daily diary of course but I'm not famous enough to publish that one (yet) it's a bit too honest! But I thought this sort of public diary might be of interest to those who wonder what I do all day. Maybe you don't care, well that's fine off you go and spend a bit more time on wastebook.

So a little bit about my day first. I have three jobs so the days vary a lot.

Job 1
I run The International Horse Agility Club. That takes up about four long days a week and I don't do the equipment sales and the membership. Every now and again someone tries to copy me, (we do a daily sweep of the internet) the record length of time anyone has tried to set up a Club is 10 days, yup ten days.
Too much like hard work.
You see this is my brainchild, my passion, my core belief that the handling of horses on the ground is an art form not just something you do so you can ride. Everyone who has thought they would copy me have never done it well enough and are not prepared to work hard enough, sorry guys but it's true.

Job 2
I write books. I've three non-fiction books in print but now I'm moving into fiction too. Young Adult fiction, my it's challenging but I LOVE IT! I get completely lost in my characters and the story, it's my own little world. Even if they never get published I just love writing these stories.

Job 3
I go out and help horses with their people. Anything from straight 'How to Ride' lessons right through to saving a horse that's facing the bullet. It can be extremely challenging and that's just the people!

So my three jobs keep me busy but I also have a horse (Secret) and three Exmoor ponies (Ollie, Fudge and Ricky) and they need loving too, everyday!
That'll do for my first ever blog. Even if no one else ever reads it it's been fun seeing what it's like to write one down.
Hoping to record some interesting case studies from my teaching and share the triumphs of having my first fiction novel in print so watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new blog, Looking forward to being kept up to date with whats happening on your side of the world Vanessa, you are indeed a very busy lady, I know i will be inspired and motivated by your daily blog :)

    ReplyDelete