Thursday 15 December 2016

Give me a child until he is seven...

Well here I am again and determined to keep this blog up to date through 2017. It just gets added to the never ending list (I like lists) and then slips down to the bottom. BUT 2017 is going to be a disciplined year I WILL WRITE MY BLOG MORE OFTEN!
So... the back to the title of this blog: Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man. Well I'm applying this to The Horse Agility Club which celebrated its seventh birthday on 13th December.
It survived and I survived...just.
One day I'll write the unedited truth but for now I'll just hint at the key plot points...

No income from the Club for five years. (I had another full time job)
Eighteen hour days (sometimes more), returning from a full day's work to start on the Club work.
No days off.
Seven days a week working, even Christmas Day.
Three trolls.
Two attempts to destroy the Club through Social Media. (Why? No idea.)

 BUT

I had a dream and nothing and nobody would stamp that dream out of me. There were pools of sheer horror and moments of absolute delight but I just kept that dream ahead of me, like the holy grail, whatever the days gave me. Those people, those moments, made me strong I am grateful for the bad ones and the good, both were great teachers.

Why live a mundane life? Gallop wildly through it with the wind whistling past your ears before screeching to a halt at the pearly gates and saying to St Peter, 'Wow that was great! Can I go around again?'

Here's to an exhilarating and fantastical 2017, I hope you will join me on the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment